Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i made this account to ask this question. A family member recently bought a new TV and she wants it to work with her VCR and DVD combo player. Her TV has HDMI, USB 5V ANT IN and LAN and USB inputs, and the DVD VCR player has Yellow, red white RCA and green blue red component outputs. I got and RCA to HDMI converter on Amazon but the TV doesnt recognize the combo player as a device. Is there anything you guys suggest to try?
i attached some photos

Attachments

· Team Manager, Microsoft Support
33,796 Posts
Doesn't it show the feed to the DVR from the source first, then into the TV second? If so 75ohm plus RCA should work

· Team Manager, Microsoft Support
33,796 Posts
Google this "hookup old vcr to modern tv". I didn't give a full answer because I didn't know your source. Remember that your Pioneer is an analog device so if you're using an antenna, you'll need a converter box.
EDIT: I meant Panasonic. I have a Pioneer combo.

· Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,660 Posts
in addition to the HDMI cable to the TV and the composite cables to the DVD, you need a USB cable from the converter box to the TV for a power source. If the Composite connectors don't work, plug the Yellow Video cable to the Video Out and the Red and White to the Audio Out of the DVD player to the Adapter. Make sure you change the input method on the TV to the HDMI port you are playing the DVD player on. Make sure the player is turned on.

· Registered
28 Posts
Page 12 shows connections.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.