Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i put together my new system (this is my first time that i have put together a PC", and these are the specs:
AMD 2100+

Asus A&V8X KT 400 | Raid | SATA |

512 DDR 400

WD 80 GIG 8 MB Cache JB

GF3 Ti 200 128 DDR

after i set the time and basic things on the BIOS, i installed floppy drive, HD and CD-rw, and when i start the system now. i get the asus A7V8X logo which means power test is successful, but then i get a message " No device attached to FastTrak controller, the BIOS is not installed" and after this i get the message that "system boot disk failure, please insert the system disk and press enter" but when i put the startup disk i get the same message... what could be the problem should i update the BIOS?

any help will be really appreciated.

·
Global Moderator
51,325 Posts
Well, it sounds like you have a embedded disk controller with it's own BIOS, and it's not detecting any drives attached. If it finds no drives, the BIOS doesn't install, that's normal operation. If this is like my MB with the embedded Promise controller, you can connect the IDE drive to the standard IDE controller to get started, then move it to the other controller if you desire. Since you only have one drive, the RAID part is a non-issue, so I suspect that just using the normal IDE channels will work fine for you.

I suspect that the failure to boot from the floppy or CD is because of BIOS configuration. Configure the floppy or CD to boot first.

DON'T update the BIOS without a good reason, and I don't see one in your message! There is no reason to fix things that aren't broken, and more than a few people have attempted a BIOS update, only to end up with a non-working MB. :angel:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.