Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, i'm on my laptop right now just so you know that. I did the system restore from point 1 back on my desktop, and everything is clean expect from the backup pictures and documents that i just put on there. The desktop was on my router from another computer, how to i get to the screen where i can just connect my desktop to that router wirelessly and just type in the password for are internet connection. I've tried to look for the option to do that but i just can't find it. Also, when i open a box (notepad for example) i can drag it around my screen without there being any lag. On my desktop it lags like crazy. It appears as if a wave goes through the screen each time i move it around. This also happenes when i scroll through things, its very slow and annoying. I've already got the graphics card installed and the internet card. Everything is in that should be. :eek:

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
If you have your wireless adapter installed on your laptop (you know, back in the Device Manager, with no yellow marks?!) Then you should have a Wireless icon in your System Tray. You can double click this icon and Browse for Available Wireless Networks. If it is not in the System Tray, then go to Control Panel/Network Connections and double click your Wireless connection.
As for Lag, your Desktop is probably infected with spyware. Download Malwarebytes run full scan.

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
Did you go to the Device Manager? Is there a yellow mark next to Wireless Adapter. That means you have to install the driver from your computer manufacturers Support Web site. If it's not listed in the Device Manager then Boot into the Bios and make sure the Wireless adapter is Enabled.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ugh its not even my computer, im going to let my parents figure it out because you know how i named the things with yellow question marks by them? now they all have yellow exlamation marks by them too. :normal:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.