Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a geforce 2 mx400 64mb pci card, but when i install it and turn the computer on it freezes and doesnt even appear to load the bios(the screen remains blank and the computer doesnt beep).

I have an AMD k6-2 400mhz, tekram p5m4-m+ mobo w\ latest bios, 224mb ram inc. 8mb shared video, onboard trident blade 3d\mvp4, win XP pro.

I uninstall the drivers for the trident but it doesn't make a difference.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
I believe that card is an AGP4x card, is your AGP slot compatible? FWIW, I have a ATI AGP card that does the same thing, though I know it works in other computers. Also, make sure the card is fully seated and the rear clamp is fully engaged. AGP cards are kinda' picky about the connections. If you look closely at the edge connector, you'll see they're a 2-tier connector, and even a slight misalignment will cause it to exhibit the symptoms you describe.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Oh well, I was under the impression that it was similar to the MX440 that I have. :)

Since you say you have a built-in video, did you disable that before you installed the other video board? You may be having conflicts with the on-board video. There should be something in the manual about disabling the on-board video...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.