Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have just had a new computer as my graphics card was obselete,when i got it home ,i have found that they have added my full name to C:\Users\(user name) which is something i don't really want on their.
Anyways,i created a new account just with my first name but that is the only account their apart from guest which is switched off,as i was planning on deleting the full name account after copying everything to the new account.
I took it back to the shop and after 30 mins or so,he said he had done it,got it back home and it was still their,so i was thinkng of re-installing the system again unless their is a way of removing it that anyone knows of.
As i have never done a re-install,would this be the correct way.
1:After placing the 0/S disc into the tray,restart,then follow the prompts that follow.
2:I have a motherboard disc with it which i was told includes all of the windows drivers etc-install that next.
3:I have a graphics card disc,install that last,then update everything.
As i have ever only used windows xp and don't know that much about vista 0/S,i was curious,why do i have 2 folders,one saying Program Files and 1 saying Program Files x68.I can understand one is for 32 Bit programs and the other is for 64 Bit programs,is that something that the O/S creates itself.
The O/S is vista (64Bit).

·
Administrator, Manager, Microsoft Support, MVP
34,403 Posts
Hi -

You will never be able to remove the name and I advise a re-install of Vista.

Do you have a recovery partition? Go into Disk Management and look for a drive d: ~ 8-12 GB. Is the Vista DVD full retail or OEM (manufacturer recovery DVD)?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.