Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Hope you can help me or at least give me some guidance on what the problem is my PC has (win XP):

I have tried to install loads of things inc: webcams, phones and also ADSL modems through my USB ports.
Well I will stick in the intallation CD and all will be fine, until it says "Insert modem/etc into the USB port". I will do that, and then the found new hardware wizard would normally obviously serach for the drivers on the CD. My pc goes mad though, and continuously "clicks" on either the next or back buttons on the wizard. Obviously creating more and more wizards all over the screen...really odd!
I have tried changing the Keyboard and the mouse, weith no success

Obviously it doesn't install any of it, which is very very annoying...

Can anyone PLEASE help me, all advice gratefully received!!!!!

thanks

Gra :sad:

P

·
0 Posts
Hello,

Did you try different usb ports ? There might be a short and when you insert the device to the usb, the current might be getting interrupted. In that case the system would see many new devices getting connected. ( just used imagination ) So lets try different usb ports. Like if you used the front ones use the rear ones or the opposite.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there,

Yeah I have tried all 4 of my USB ports with no success...thanks though!

I had some problems with my CD drives earlier this week, and after following advice on-line deleted the upperfilters and lower filters from the registry...could that have done something???

:sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
make sure there arent any conflicts in your device manager, [ yellow symbols ] then try a system restore in your accessories. run a virus scan such as trend micro's housecall from the link below.
good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.