Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:grin: My computer comes on but not on the moniter wont is this something to do with my motherbord or the powersupplie thanks

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
what are the system specs
are you able to see the post screens
have you tried accessing safe mode by tapping f8 when the computer is booting to bring up the options screen

·
Registered
142 Posts
:grin: My computer comes on but not on the moniter wont is this something to do with my motherbord or the powersupplie thanks
Can you please elaborate what actually you are trying to say...
Does your computer boots?? If yes than how can u say that its booting up?? So can u please expalin wat exactly is happening with ur computer....:4-dontkno

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
when i turn on my computer the lights come one but no picture comes up on the moniter why is it the powersupply

this is not the computer i have 2 it the other one

·
Registered
142 Posts
when i turn on my computer the lights come one but no picture comes up

When u say light...You mean that light on the CPU... or the Monitor light changes to green??

this is not the computer i have 2 it the other one
Do u mean that u have 2 more computers??

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
unless you post the information we need it is difficult to help
you can see the computer we can only see what you post,we need the information so we can see it as well
if the computer is posting and the fans are running,it points to insufficient power to run the video
the information will give us the best way to go about findind and fixing the problem

·
Registered
559 Posts
Ok... so your computer is all happy and working... u turn it off... u turn it back on and now image. Your main power is from the outlet, not the tower... I would guess that it could be the power supply not giving it enough power but why would it have worked earlier? If it fried... isn't there more of a chance that it wouldn't run other things as well? (If it didn't give enough power to the motherboard would u even be able to start it?)

Do you have another computer you can plug into the monitor to check if there is anything wrong with it by chance? IF you do that could help us greatly in doing some testing on the hardware to make sure we know what is wrong.

The last time i heard this problem, we took out everything in the pci slots. And turned on the computer. After doing so it booted correctly. That fixed it the last 3 times i saw this type of problem. If it really is the power supply they are not too expensive but ask dai for what type you should buy (or read the thread dedicated to it).
~blitze

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok... so your computer is all happy and working... u turn it off... u turn it back on and now image. Your main power is from the outlet, not the tower... I would guess that it could be the power supply not giving it enough power but why would it have worked earlier? If it fried... isn't there more of a chance that it wouldn't run other things as well? (If it didn't give enough power to the motherboard would u even be able to start it?)

Do you have another computer you can plug into the monitor to check if there is anything wrong with it by chance? IF you do that could help us greatly in doing some testing on the hardware to make sure we know what is wrong.

The last time i heard this problem, we took out everything in the pci slots. And turned on the computer. After doing so it booted correctly. That fixed it the last 3 times i saw this type of problem. If it really is the power supply they are not too expensive but ask dai for what type you should buy (or read the thread dedicated to it).
~blitze
The computer i am using to post is not the one thats broken its my dads (my ones broke) i turn on my computer but no picture comes up on the screen the cpu light comes on and the moniter light but no picture so is it the power suppy did i damage it

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
motherboard
cpu
video[card or onboard chip]if a card which one
ram[how much]
hard drives[ide or sat]how many
power supply details from the label on the side of the power supply
lcd or crt monitor
if you don't know the m/board and video look at what is written on them

·
Registered
142 Posts
First of all, try your monitor on your Dads PC to make sure that there is no problem with your Monitor.....!
Second Step will be checking your Video output....!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.