Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys.

My PC was working fine, it was turned on and fully active then i went out of the room and when i returned it had switched itself off. When i tried to turn it back on it whirred into life then just died down without booting up. I tryed the obvious stuff (like unplugging it and trying again etc) but it still wont start up. I would appriciate any suggestions and ill be happy to give more info if anyone needs it.

I really hope someone can help with this as i have no clue what could have caused it or how to fix it. I dont mind putting my pc in a shop for repairs if need be but i would like to have an idea whats up first so that i dont get ripped off (i have in the past). Thanks in advance............

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Welcome to TSF:

There are two major problems that are capable of making a machine auto shut down & refuse to boot

Heat & Heat

CPU could be over heating by means of clogged CPU fan = dust or not working
PSU could he tired / or the voltage could be erratic

takes the side off the computer and blow a house fan into it full blast / see if that helps

give your full system specs including PSU maker and model

regards

joe

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
also download this utility (free)
http://www.download.com/3000-2086-10018691.html

then after machine is running / paste your system temps, cpu temps, system voltages in here for evaluation

regards

joe

if you get impatient / and want to take fast action / buy an new Enermax or Antec powersupply 550 watts / too much never hurts ~ too little always hurts dotn buy cheap generic PSU's they dont run long and kill PC components a good PSU is $100.00 (llok on ebay or newegg.com)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot Joe.
I cant turn on my PC at all to give you all the specs. I know its was made by TINY and is about 518 Ram if that helps at all. Ive cleaned the inside so dust couldnt be an issue. I also recently installed a brand new dvd burner, its been working absolutly fine but i wonder if this has contributed/caused the problem. All suggestions and help are helpful so feel free to suggest anything.........

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Ok / this should be an easy one / new PSU

look on ebay or newegg.com for Enermax or Antec of about 500 watt (not less than 450 !!!!)

I will bet the power requirements of the new DVD drive have finished of your generic PSU ???

You could buy a PSU from a chain store like Best Buy / Comp USA / etc just make sure you dont get their house brand or some other crapper / a PSU is a critical element of the system and cheap PSU's are worth the box they come in !!

regards

joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.