Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi analysts, everytime I shut down my computer, I get an - Ending program - message and it tries to end but I always have to click end now because it won't do it independently. The program is called - Hello - and it doesn't show up in the task manager. I initially thought it might be some malware and went through the HJT section but the guy there, Ried, referred me here after checking my log files and concluding that it's not malware. Below is a warning that I get in the event viewer. Any ideas as to how I can fix it up? It was suggested to me that I uninstall Hello which is associated with Google's Picasa but I never downloaded Hello or Picasa and didn't even know what they were until that was suggested to me. This makes me think that it's not Hello from Picasa at all. Any ideas? Thanks.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: PlugPlayManager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 256
Date: 11/12/2006
Time: 4:12:38 PM
User: N/A
Computer: LAPTOP
Description:
Timed out sending notification of device interface change to window of "Hello"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't uninstall it, it doesn't seem to exist. I never downloaded it in the first place. It doesn't show in the task manager, or anywhere on C: When I do a search on the hard drive for anything called hello, or picasa it comes up with absolutely nothing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Dai, thanks for the advice. I ran jv16 powertools and it found a couple of files in prefetch folders and one was some kind of hello.exe file so i removed it and then ran the registry cleaner but it didn't find any 'green dot' files. After that I shut down windows and the message still popped up again, Ending program - Hello, I'll try shutting down again but at the moment I think the problem is persisting. Go WA! I'm from Melb, but I lived in WA for a year and it is without a doubt the most beautiful state in Aus.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thankyou guys!! Problem solved. I checked out what was in startup and there was some stuff in there related to some programs I used to use so I got rid of them (nothing obviously related to some 'Hello' program though) and when I shut down windows, success! Thanks again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.