Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Windows XP, SP 2.

I recieve an error message almost fifty times a day following a crash.

I have read pages of contradicting help which throws no light whatsoever on the subject. I have carried out a Belarc advisor test and an Everest Report but these are beyond my capabilities as a poor old devil trying to beat this.

Any chance of some real help, or do I throw the machine in the sea and go back to Windows 98se.

I would be very grateful if someone could throw me a lifebelt before I go totally potty.

Nick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Help please: 0x000000EA

Thanks for your message.

Have just fitted a new NVidia G Force FX5200 Video - 228PCI - Twin . This made no change to the problem at all.

My machine will not stay running for long enough to upgrade to the lastest driver edition put out earlier in September on their web site for downloads.

Are you saying that NVidia is not the card to use?? Should I use one from your list???

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Nick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Error message 0x000000EA

Thanks for your response and thoughts.

I have tried this since reading your message. Tried three versions of older drivers. Machine crashes in safe mode too!!

None of the three older drivers made any change in the crashing.

Should I try another make of Graphic driver???

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,

Nick.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
demowbray said:
Are you saying that NVidia is not the card to use?? Should I use one from your list???
Actually the GeForce card I have, uses an nVidia GPU.

demowbray said:
Machine crashes in safe mode too!!
Very strange that it would crash in safe mode. Safe mode normally loads basic Windows video drivers so you can troubleshoot the problem.

Let see if we can isolate this a little more.
List some of the specs on your system. i.e. motherboard, CPU, PSU (brand and wattage), memory, and graphics cards you have used in this system. Also the time when this started and the frequency of the BSOD. Did this start after a graphics upgrade, driver upgraded, after you installed any updates, new softeware, etc.?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Error message 0x000000EA

Thanks for your help and reply.

Copy of detyails of machine as an attachment.
Problem started after starting to upgrade XP.

Any more information wanted please let me know.

Best regaRDS,

Nick.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
as a sidenote

are you able to keep it running long enough to enter your control panel - system - hardware - device manager ?

i would like to see if there is a conflict in your video display

the crashing in bios and safemode is a problem.. make sure your case is clean from dust and hair, remove the side panel and check

post back

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Error Message 0x000000EA

Very grateful for all of your help. Machine is brand new and spotless inside.
I have been asking NVidia or Jaton Technical dept, they have been very helpfull and suggested a Driver from Viaarena.com. They say a chipset and platform model.
Really very helpful so far.

I tried the latest Driver 78.03 and the crashing iss down to about twenty times a day, which is a fantastic drop from the usual 100!!!!

I appreciate your help and will look at the suggestions for a GPU Card and also updating the system bios. They are 2003 so an update is due really.

Very grateful to you for all of your help and thoughts, thank you.

Best regards,

Nick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Error Message 0x000000EA.

There is no conflict shown in the Video Display section on the Device Manager.

Certainly is an odd one.

Nick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.