Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

I used my computer couple of days before and it was working fine and was shutdown normally. But last night when I started my computer it just started and stops within 2 or 3 seconds after a very low beep (in fact if you listen very carefully then will be able to feel the beep) and no display shows on monitor during this. I tried to start it again and again but the same thing happened.

Can anyone please tell me what is the actual problem with my computer? I am using ASUS motherboard.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Have you made any modifications to your computer such as hardware, bios or driver changes? If not then it must be hardware related, try disconnecting the peripherals and checking the connections to the hard drive, graphics card and all the power connectors are fitted correctly. If still no luck I would suspect it could be the power supply, please could you list your system, such as make and model with the specification.

Edit: Also try clearing the Cmos and check the battery is inserted correctly on the motherboard.

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
post your system specs including the details from the label on the side of the power supply
first suspect is the psu has gone

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Rebellion88: I didn't made any modifications to my computer. Infact I didn't modify my computer since last year.

I also discussed this issue with my peer and he suggested me that there is some problem with my RAM "because I am using 2 Kingston RAMs of 128MB". So I checked both RAMs one by one with both of slots but still no luck. I think there must be some problem with my computer's power supply.

Change of casing will solve this problem?

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
we always recommend psu's and cases be bought seperately,see if you can borrow a larger wattage psu to try in it
there is no need to change the case as well if it is the psu that is the problem

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will change my psu and see what happen. Will my computer get back alive or not.
Thanks "Rebellion88" & "dai" for your prompt reply.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi again,

I did change my PSU but still no luck :sigh: I forgot mentioned that the beep I was talking about is the normal shutdown beep. Means my PC stops after 2 seconds of start as it is shutdown normally. Can anyone please tell me that what the actual problem with my computer is? Because I already tested new RAM and PSU on it and result is the same. :mad:

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
when you start the computer you should hear a single beep known as the successful post beep
any other beeps heard are a code sayig what is the problem
post your specs including the psu and the 2 nd psu you tried
the only things we know about your computer are what details you post,this gives us a picture of what we are looking at
if you look back through your posts it is a blank picture,which means you can only receive generic responses
can you access the bios at all without it closing down,if not blow the dust out with a can of air
redo the paste on the cpu with some arctic silver
http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_instructions.htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.