Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i just got a p4c800 deluxe and I have a few questions.
Here is my set up

p4c800 deluxe
Creative Labs Audigy 2
Altec 5:1 speakers
Pentium 2.8 gHZ
512 DDR ram
Ati Radeon 9000 pro

First of all my sound does not work i downloaded the driver from the site and it can't ever detect the sound card.

Second of all I do not have an Asus cd to install components I was wondering if I can dl it via online.

Thats it for now I appreciate your time.

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forums Jibz...........:D

How come you don't have a manual and a setup CD?

Oh, what OS are you using?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello Jibz,
Which audio hardware are you complaining about; the Audigy 2 or the onboard?
I have scoured through the forum looking for a solution to my own audio problem with the onboard sound.
So far the work around has been to install a PCI sound card. I am not happy I've had to do this, but at least my machine seems to have overcome a number of problems other builders of P4C800 Dlx boxes have experienced. Just yesterday the onboard audio came up under winxp as a newly detected device. I was unable to install the sound max drivers successfully. I run the setup and gets to the end with a message that it was unable to detect the drivers... Then I reboot the machine and the previously detected sound hardware is no longer there. So it looks like I will be experiencing this magician act for as long as I have the bios set to AUTO. The best thing I did for this machine was to get a better power supply. I went with the Antec 550 eventough I heard many success stories with the 480. I personally experienced the Antec 430 which I can atest is not sufficient. My last hope to the onboard sound deficiency was the Antec 550 ps. I am out of ideas. I keep up with BIOS updates in the hope that it may turn things around. I have v 1010 installed.

EGV

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.