Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i am on my first build and got everything working. i start up and get a message "Detecting Array" i do not know what to do and need step by step instruction please.
processor- AMD Athlon 64 3800+
motherboard- DFI infinity sli
memory- 1 GB buffalo
video card- ATI radeon All in wonder 800xl

Thanks

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Do you have a RAID array set up, or do you wish to? If not, and you do not want to get this message, go into the BIOS and disable the RAID function. If you want to set up an array, there should be instructions on screen as to what key(s) to press to enter the RAID setup. Hope this helps. If not, post back with more info and questions.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i forgot to tell you what kind of harddrive i have, it is a Maxtor 200 GB with the the wide grey cable. I looked in the bios and found nothing on raid unless i am looking in the wrong place. help

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
If you look under "Integrated Peripherals" in the BIOS, isn't there a place under "Onchip IDE Device" that reads "RAID Enable"? If so, simply disable it. If it's not exactly in that location, hunt around some more, as there has to be a place in the BIOS to enable/disable the RAID function.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok i figured it out. my harddrive was bad, and i accidently fried it, its a long story you dont want to know. well anyway after buying a new hardrive, the computer booted up fine and i got every thing working now the thing is that the hardrive is a 250GB hardrive and i look under MY Computer and see that it only gave me 128GB, How do i get the full 250? any help would be appriciated Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.