Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, A little while ago my motherboard fried and I just recently got a new one. But when I went to take out my video card I slipped and snapped of a little tiny black plastic piece that rested on top of one of the chips on the video card. I decided to keep going and installed my motherboard. At that time I thought that it didn't matter and that the plastic piece was just protecting the chip or something. But now that I have everything installed, and I try to boot up my pc it is showing no POST screen. It just says "Video Cable connected?. Back when my pc was working it would sometimes do this but hitting a button on the keyboard would fix it.

Now I have a new video card and it is STILL doing this! Also I would like to mention that I did drop my cpu but I bent the pins back in place. Perhaps one of the pins snapped off and I did not notice it. I would just like to know what usually causes this type of problem. I'm also not getting any of those motherboard beeps if anyone was wondering. Thanks alot and I hope you guys can help.

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
take it out of the case,take the cpu off and check the pins
set it up on the box the m/b came in with
cpu
video
ram
and see if it will post,start it by touching the 2 pins the case switch connectect to the m/b with a paper clip or something similar
if it posts check you have a standoff for each hole in the m/b and they are in the correct position,no extras and no less

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.