Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just built a new machine..gigabyte MB w/ RAID...get it built, install 98, get all the drivers loaded, but when i install any video drivers, the thing craters....i can install anything else, and it all works fine, but when i install the drivers for my gainward GeForce4 Ti 4200 128 meg card, i get "windows protection errors" and a message above that that says "failed to initialize IMSMGR"....

anyone have an idea..i went thru 3 motherboards, all do the same thing...as soon as i load the video drivers, it simply will not reboot without going to safe mode....i can remove the card, and tell it to use the standard VGA, and it is fine, but i cannot load the basic WHQL drivers from nvidiia's site, or the drivers that came with the card, or it blows up....

please help...

thanks!

birdie

·
Registered
10 Posts
It sounds like your video driver may not be the correct one for Win98. Have you gone to the website to see if there are any updates/newer drivers?

G

·
Welcome to Tech Support Forums birdie.........................:D

Have you tried another video card? That one sounds like it could be toast.....................:rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.