Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a very novice at pcs so not very good at it, i have a pc running on windows xp, also a laptop, i have a Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO Rounter,
F5D9230A i have been using the pc and laptop with the networking for a while and all been ok, now all of a sudden it will not let me connect to the internet using the laptop, i get a connection failed and tells me its waiting for association which i have not a clue can anyone help me please as i dont know what to do. thankyou lynda

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Hello and welcome to TSF Lynda.

Just to rule out a hiccup with your router, which does happen on occasion, unplug the power for the router, wait a minute, then plug it back in. After the router has finished powering back up (wait several seconds), try reconnecting with your wireless by right-clicking the wireless icon in your system tray (by the clock on the lower-right) and select "Repair".

See if this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
still need help

hi cellus
thanks again for the help have tried turning off belkin and tried repair but still no connection just keeps telling me waiting for association went to dianostic tools recommended actions say verify the encryption settings (WEP/TKIP/AES) specified in this profile match those expected by the wireless network, which seems to be goggly **** to me HELP
lynda

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.