Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I have a computer as standard an a laptop. a few days ago my laptop said limited connectivity and would not connect to internet.

anyway i have formatted computer and everything back on but when i put the disc in wireless manager to set up another laptop on it wont let me.

i get the screen to set up wireless connection i click on my name put it in then password then it says wait a few minutes. the little telly icon in corner says my computer signal is excellent but it just says aquiring network address and then says error finding router. unplug and try again! unplug what?

i click next and try again but same thing happens. the disc is a virgin media one and havent had problems before. it just wont let me install the disc and get my laptop onto the internet. I am new to computers i know a little bit.
please can anyone help me to try and sort my laptop out. many thanks Molly x

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there

By unplug, it means that you should unplug the router from the mains socket. Wait around 10-20 seconds then plug the router back in.

Depending on what kind of router you have, wait until all the lights are on/flashing/doing whatever it is they do to show activity, then try to connect again.

Try this and if it doesn't work, give us another post.

Yours,
NiteMareUK

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.