Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I needed some help for WAN setup of my company.

Following is my network situation:

1. I have office at six different cities,
2. I want a main server in one city, and rest all the cities connected through the main city.
3. Also, i want all the data used by my employees to be stored on the servers in main city.
4. Internet connection to be managed through Main city.(if possible)

Is this possible ? How can i go about it ?
Please someone help me out with this setup. I have never setup a WAN before.

Thanks,
godsdevil

·
Registered
20,461 Posts
Hi godsdevil,

Looks like a very complicated request. My recommendation for you is to hire a Professional IT Consultant, they should be able to assist you and set this up for you properly.
1. I have office at six different cities,
2. I want a main server in one city, and rest all the cities connected through the main city.
3. Also, i want all the data used by my employees to be stored on the servers in main city.
4. Internet connection to be managed through Main city.(if possible)

·
TSF Emeritus
16,395 Posts
Your local analog telephone provider would be more than happy to talk to you about your request.

You might want to spend some time educating yourself on the following topics before you talk to them so you are informed as to which will afford you the best cost and bandwidth for your needs.

Frame Relay T1 - great for multiple sites to terminate at one site but there are drawbacks.
Point to Point T1 -dedicated T1s from each site terminating at the main site. Need a router or routers to handle the multiple connections
VPNs over the internet - more bandwidth possible but you need more sophicated appliances like Soniwalls at each end of each link

This should get you started on the wan aspect but you still have a lot of work to do concerning Active Directory design for the rest concerning the servers.

Time to hire a consultant for sure or you will make some very expensive errors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.