Discussion Starter #1
hi
sorry if i posted in wrong forum.

i just changed my internet service provider the last one has shut down their
sevices.

i got one desktop and a 256 kbps cable internet connection which connects
through ethernet card.
(each connection has his own ip address and userid login and it must be login
through a client software given by isp.)

my new isp dont give more speed than 256 kbps (yea its a shame ) btw iam from india.

so i was thinking if i buy one more 256kbps connection and buy a ROUTER or one more enthernet card so that i can use two diffrent internet connection on my desktop as a 512 kbps. like 256 kbps + 256 kbps = 512 kbps .

example currently iam getting download speed of 30 kbps avg. with one connection so is it possible to make it 60 kbps by using 2 diffrent connection on same computer .

my aim is to get better speed on one computer through two or more connection maybe it is possible through ROUTER stuff or adding one more ethernet card on same computer is it possible or iam just dreaming ?

plese help me on this one btw iam totally newbie on the computer hardware stuff.

currenlty i dont have ROUTER /switch /hub but i can buy one if its help on this issue .

thankyou.

·
Registered
380 Posts
What ISP is it? I have not heard of the individual IP and sign on or log in.
I have comcast in Michigan. I have my modem connected to a router and from the router to three computers. Since the ISP (and the rest of the world for that matter) only see one IP address- I could have dozens of computers with dozens of IP address and no one would know.

So- unless I am missing something, I believe it would be best to get a router to hook up and use both computers.

As to the 30kbs download speed. That is a different matter entirely. If you have a 256kbs connection, you should be getting faster speeds than that. Perhaps a problem with your modem or software.

I hope my advise is accurate given the information presented.

Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.