Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its twelve months old, the specs are

XP service Pack 2
192 Ram
2.12.ghz
mobile amd athlon(tm) XP2800+

It has 40gb HDIt just keeps cutting out, i have had it for a out a year with no problems at all, but about 3 weeks ago, it just started cutting out, it seems to happen when i am running a program where it has to do alot (If you know what i mean, i ain't the mot computer lit person ), for instance, a program such as Winavi cpnverter, when i am trying to convert avi to DVD, it will get to about 10 percent then cut out, as if the power has been turned off, i formatted the comp, but it is still happening

this is the sort of laptop i am using http://www.ciao.co.uk/Compaq_nx9005_Notebook__5346890

Help me !!!!!!!

I posted this thread a while ago, But it still is happening, someone said the memory is very light for running XP, do you know where i could download 2000 and if i did, would it run better?

I don't really care about whether it 98, 2000 or XP, I only really use it for downloading and converting stuff, so it doesn't really bother me

What do you think?

·
Registered
5 Posts
It never happened when i first got this comp, do you think as i downloaded more and more **** that Microsoft kept sending me, it mighta f***d it up due to the low memory and can't handle all the stuff it has introduced to it?

Help me Please

·
Banned
41 Posts
it is most likely it is overheating,

try cleaning out the air vents with a soft hoover brush and if you are more adventurious try opening it up and cleaning out the heatsink and vent from the inside

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did some posted get deleted or something?

I know they did, but why?

Anyway, someone suggested something called memtest

Could you explain more?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.