Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help Motherboard Power switch pinouts

Hello I have a Compaq Presario Model SR2023WM and wanted a new Motherboard so I ordered a New Asus M2A-VM HDMI AMD 690g chipset Motherboard and I am having problems with the power switch pinout it is way diffrent then from the first motherboard so I can connect it and power it on help

·
TSF Team Emeritus
9,471 Posts
Yep thats a known problem the easy solution is to get a new case the other is to cut the case switch wires and splice the standard case switch connections to them.

I am guessing the compaq has a group of wires attached to a 4 or 6 pin connection that also connects the hdd light and possibly the reset switch, although not the most professional way of doing things I have already cut this 6 pin connector using big scissors into individual connections allowing them to connect it to a standard atx motherboard

·
TSF Team Emeritus
9,471 Posts
One other thing,,,,,,,,, you can touch the 2 pins that the power switch is too connect to with a screw driver to power it on for testing purposes

·
TSF Team Emeritus
9,471 Posts
Down the middle to seperate each individual connection/wire, follow the case switch wires back they will connect to a pcb board then go to a 4 or 6 pin plastic connector, you have to seperate the 2 case switch connections to allow them to connect individually to the front panel connector on your new board.

I was able to do this but if your not carefull it may not work for you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.