Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me please,

Theres a problem with my windows media player, evrytime I play audio it gives me an error that it's unable to play the file and gives me the error: C00D11B1. For some reasons it does however please video files, but without the audio.

It's not that I accidently muted the audio, other programs, or youtube video's still have audio, it's just when I play audio it doesn't play it in windows media player or when I play a video in windows media player it doesn't have audio. :S

*It's not just windows media player, If I play audio or a videofile in another player such as FLV player or Quicktime it still doesn't have any audio, same problem as above.

*I also tried opening the setup in the home folder of windows media player but it just doesn't open

I really, really hope someone can help me, cause normally I'm able to fix stuff myself, but nothing works..

Thanks in advance to anyone that comes up with a solution ;x

·
Registered
660 Posts
You have to download media player codecs software . Just search on internet then download and install.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Windows Media Player C00D11B1

The easy fix. My computer is brand new with win 7 ultimate and WMP 12 hasn't worked since day 1. I tried everything on every forum without any success, MS hotfixes and all. Finally, I said screw it and installed the Apple QuickTime viewer 7. QuickTime failed to play a .wav file the first time, however, It found problems with sound enhancement settings and offered to fix it. I let it and now WMP 12 works perfectly. That's all. No 3rd party tools and no messing with the registry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.