Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, im quite new around here, hope ya dont mind! Anyway, i was getting horrible BSOD when i tryed to play any games lately, and i havent changed any hardware, which really makes me suspicious of what have caused it. Nevertheless i found out that you could do this Driver verifier, and test if some drivers are causing BSOD, so try it out.

Correct me if im wrong, I just did the first half of the procedure (clicking those 5-6 things for the non-microsoft drivers) and it asked me to reboot. And yes, the windows BSOD when i tryed to boot it (which shows that there is some drivers who is messing this up). There is suppose to be another half of things ;

"After re-start, you may not be able to log on to normal Windows
• Boot into SAFEMODE - tap the F8 key repeatedly during boot-up
• Select "System Restore"
• Choose the restore point that you created in step #1

If you are unable to boot into SAFEMODE
• Boot into System Recovery using your Windows DVD - or -
• Hard Drive Recovery Partition – press key/ sequence during boot-up – F10, F11, ESC, …
• Select option for “Windows System Restore”

Driver Verifier Status
• Select last option on the 1st Driver Verifier screen – “Display information about the currently verified drivers”
• Bring up an elevated administrative cmd/DOS screen - - type verifier /query

To Turn Driver Verifier OFF
• Select 3rd option on the 1st Driver Verifier screen – “Delete existing settings”
• Bring up an elevated administrative cmd/DOS screen - - type verifier /reset"

This is what i doesnt understand... why do you need to do those steps? (except system restoring back, so you can actually boot up again ;)) Cause i got a dumpfile from the BSOD from when i tryed to reboot after i did the first half of the procedure (if you dont know what im talking about, se : Driver Verifier - jcgriff2.com, the half before the reboot is the first half!) Shouldnt that be enough? And whats the deal with having it work 24h? The homepage is quite vague about this application :) Would be lovely if you guys could help me /sort it out!

Also, im attaching the dumpfile from the procedure (if it can help solve my 0x124 error!) Thanks for helping a lost dude out! Also, do tell if i managed to attach wrong dump file :O

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The BSOD mentions 0x124 error (with some other lines of numbers, but this one is the only one worth mentioning?)

Here is a link to the problem, and how to try to fix it : Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try - Windows 7 Forums

I tryed to do most of the points, without sucess. However, i get the feelings that drivers are spooking and causing problems (some driver malfunctioning prolly, or something). However, when i try to do a system restore to a point where i didnt have the problem, the crashing with BSOD would still happen..

What do you think? Thanks for the helping!

PS: Really feeling like "nuking" the harddrive and reinstall everything (really, ITS EASIER THAT WAY) the 0x124 error is so complex and can be 1 of 100s of effects (or 1 of 1000 drivers, sigh), in my opinion atleast. I really want to fix my computer for Shogun 2, dang it, sucks that it happened 3 days before it is releasing..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have done both CPU and GPU tests, both turn up without any crashes as fast as they appear when i play games (which is strange, really!) There most be some drivers which seem to be quite bugged, any ideas how to find the "bad" driver and fix it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.