Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the keys on my keyboard for my laptop has broken, and the promlem is this key is required for my password upon turning my computer on, so i cn't log into my computer at the moment, i was wounderin wat options were available to me and other ways to enter my password, wud a keyboard work or wud i be required to log onto windows for this to work. any help great and much appreciated

G

·
Hi Jmecca 1 and welcome to TSF :grin:

Sadly you will have to call the manufacturer of the laptop and have them send you a new keyboard. There really is no way to get in until you get the new keyboard. If you really want to you can buy a USB cable keyboard and do it from there. You could also buy a more common PS/2 Keyboard but they discontinued the PS/2 port on most laptops unless this one dates way back to the Eindows 98 times where it was still around. I would really recommend just calling your manufacturer to replace the keyboard.

PS: If it is a Dell then it will really be easy to replace it as they will take it for free most of the time and replace it with a new one.

Hope this helps,
TechPro5238 :grin:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.