Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me I am in alot of trouble with my windows xp sp2 (well after backups were run it says it is sp2) I have recently had a huge system crash on my pc and i had to run my backups that i made with packard bell recovery. I do not have my orginal xp disc as i never recived one with purchase. The backups run sucessfuly and i now have to set up my pc. I have to enter a user name for the user of pc. But my keyboard will not type. It is wired. My wireless mouse works but my wired mouse won't. I can't get a wireless keyboard as i have no way to install it. I cannot proceed without typing in a name and I don not know what to do please help.

BTW I don't now much tecnical stuff about computers and i cannot log on to windows to install/unistall anything as even in safe mod it says windows needs to be setup. I have a packard bell I-power with 2 Nvidea graphics cards and an amd athlon processer and 500gb hd.

Help!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
By wired, are you talking the PS/2 style or USB? If they are PS/2, is there any chance you can get your hands on a USB adapter or USB keyboard? XP will take a few seconds and then load the USB drivers, but it sounds like your ps/2 ports might have issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am using Ps/2 I will try and get a usb keyboard and see but my keyboard works fine whenever i press f8 during first screen so i can scroll up and down on the advanced boot settings. The reason i had to run the restore was because of ux theme patcher messed up everything and windows wouldn't even open. Would this have messed with my SP/2 Drivers possibly???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.