Tech Support banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I unfortunately dropped my laptop on its left side, which broke off the edge of the laptop and damaged one of the two USB ports. I have attached pictures of what this looks like. There is a dent both external and internal of the USB port making the port unusable. I would really like to get it repaired but would this be feasible? Please be kind,
20210126_010818.jpg
20210126_010634.jpg
I am quite distressed right now and really hope the damage isn't too great. I've had this laptop for a year and a half and I had a one year warranty... if feasible, how much would such a repair cost in average?
20210126_010244.jpg

·
Premium Member
41,909 Posts
You did not say what is the Make and Model# of the laptop?
The Damage is great. If the computer still works, then you will have one less USB port. You would have to replace the motherboard and the Exterior case to fully fix it, which is like a new computer. If you want it to look perfect, I would send it back to the manufacturer and see what they say. But if it still works, I would just live with it for now.

·
Premium Member
19,805 Posts
you were lucky losing only one port. A drop like that could have really caused damage. You will have to replace the case and possibly the motherboard depending on how the port is attached and the actual damage to it. It is going to be an expensive repair,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts