Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a bit of an old problem, but thought I'd try to find a solution...I had a new motherboard put in...and after getting my computer back, the parrtioned drive was "gone"...by gone I mean when I go to My computer..my c drive is there all 88.6 gigs, but the other drive (whose letter I don't recall, it came partioned with the xp restore files and who knows what else on it) doesn't appear. Since the HD is 100 gig, clearly the partioned one is there but I have no idea how to access it.

HP PAvillion xt 978
xp home edition

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
~slapping myself in the head~....

duh

forgot there was a disk management tool....it shows the disk...titled HP_Recovery, no letter assigned to it...at a size of 4.4 gb...oddly it also shows my C drive listed at 87.5, which don't add up to 100 but with almost 48gb free, that's really not much of a problem....it also shows the recovery drive as being FAT 32 if that makes a difference, with the c drive being ntfs, both show as being healthy

and btw, you helped me out with a bsod problem back in the spring...was an oveheating problm, don't recall if I ever thanked you or not..if I didn't..thanks

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
i think the hp recovery partition is usually D,don't have much to do with hp,assign D to it and see if you can then see it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
went to computer management, and right clicked the drive and in the box that popped up the only option I had was "help"...tried the same on the c drive and got a list of options which included change drive letter....and for reference...d is the cd drive, e is the dvd..f is the zip drive..not that I think any of that makes a difference...

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
the recovery drive is usually hidden and your restore disks access it when required,i don't have much to do with this type of comp so i am not much help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.