Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
some days ago i got a virus in the pen drive . it was spread & now i can't
open any of my drives in the ny computer with a double click.
when i double click on any drive nothing happen so i have to open it with a double click.
Also there is a probleb with the folder option , on selecting the show hidden files option nothing happen & i cant's see any of my hidden files & folders.
i am using bit defender antivirus & avg antispyware.

plese help me , opening drives with a right click is so cumbersome.

please please please please please please help meeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not sure about the drives, unless your talking about disk drives. But As for the hidden files and folders well if they were hidden and your not in the place they were hidden you wont notice them apear, Its just generally windows files that are hidden and any files that have been hidden by the user. I don't think you have any problems your just confused

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am talking about the disk drives
and i am in the folder in which the file is saved & is hidden even then i can't see the file.

naw can you help me in a better way.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
See if the drive or folder association fix from this page helps :
http://dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm

And see fix #155 on this page about the hidden files and folders :
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Whether those fixes work or not, please follow the HJT - 5 steps against malware link in my sig and read the instructions there carefully. Go through the 5 steps and post your final logs in a new thread in the HijackThis section with the description of your problem and the name of the virus if you can remember it. The security techs are very busy so please be patient. It can take several days before you get an answer but you'll have quick feedback once they'll start to review your logs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.