Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I own a fujitsu simens E lifebook 6180 and until yesterday was working fine. I use it to work and everything was perfect, until the day I needed to use the bios options and I couldnt because the computer had a password.

I tryed some programs to deactivate the bios password and phoned fujitsu in the UK. The guy told me that to take the password off I would have to pay 203 UKpounds (about 400 Dolares), and would involve eprons to take out, etc...
My laptop do not have a floppy drive so I had a external from a old COMPAQ Aerial 486 PCMCIA and try my luck and introcuded it in the computer. I go to a driver site and install some sofware and the computer behaves ok but do not recognize the floppy at all.

Then also Yesterday night after doing some internet that virus I think MS Blast comes to the laptop and the computer says in a system message that haves to reset becaus of RPC protocol or something like that.. after some seconds i was off. I turn on again and loads windows and i closed it down. After a while i ry to open and NOTHING came up on the screen... seemed dead and i could not access the BIOS becaus eof the password and i could not use floppy because I dont have one.

This morning desperate i open the laptop and removed the cmos for a wjile and when i try again with the bios cmos on again bingo! it worked the bios without password but the computer sitll do not work and i get a message OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND.

I tried with CD rom and a new message came up that say CANNOT READ OR WRITE TO HARD DRIVE. the it reboot itself and comes back on but nothing happens.

Theres a litle noise coming from the hard drive like you would clap two glasses together or something like that...

The brandmark of the hard drive is

TOSHIBA MK1016GAP - (PM)

The BIOS recognizes the hard drive in auto but do not let me see more details of it.

Just a Moment ago i place the win xp pro cd in the cd rom and started with it. The windows XP seems to start, appeared the logo but then when this disapears when loading the os the machine dies always...

What can i do to see if the hard disk is dead or not? What do you think??

I hope you can reply to me with good advice.
Cocas

·
Registered
336 Posts
You might try to find a low level format utility made for the HD....basically recertifies it to factory specs and will possibly fix any bad sectors that are causing this problem. Try the HD website or laptop website. It will wipe everything off the HD and might take an hour or two to finish (unlike a Write to 0's app which would take minutes). Make sure you have the bios set to FIRST BOOT...CDROM when installing from XP CD.

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
I've never used the SeaTools, but their blurb says you need at least one Seagate drive installed, have you tested this without a Seagate drive installed?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have used the SeaTools on both my hard drives, a maxtor and western digitial. I don't have a seagate and everything tested o.k.

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
Rainbow32 said:
I have used the SeaTools on both my hard drives, a maxtor and western digitial. I don't have a seagate and everything tested o.k.
OK, glad to hear that, I might have to give them a try. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.