Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I own a fujitsu simens E lifebook 6180 and until yesterday was working fine. I use it to work and everything was perfect, until the day I needed to use the bios options and I couldnt because the computer had a password.

I tryed some programs to deactivate the bios password and phoned fujitsu in the UK. The guy told me that to take the password off I would have to pay 203 UKpounds (about 400 Dolares), and would involve eprons to take out, etc...
My laptop do not have a floppy drive so I had a external from a old COMPAQ Aerial 486 PCMCIA and try my luck and introcuded it in the computer. I go to a driver site and install some sofware and the computer behaves ok but do not recognize the floppy at all.

Then also Yesterday night after doing some internet that virus I think MS Blast comes to the laptop and the computer says in a system message that haves to reset becaus of RPC protocol or something like that.. after some seconds i was off. I turn on again and loads windows and i closed it down. After a while i ry to open and NOTHING came up on the screen... seemed dead and i could not access the BIOS becaus eof the password and i could not use floppy because I dont have one.

This morning desperate i open the laptop and removed the cmos for a wjile and when i try again with the bios cmos on again bingo! it worked the bios without password but the computer sitll do not work and i get a message OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND.

I tried with CD rom and a new message came up that say CANNOT READ OR WRITE TO HARD DRIVE. the it reboot itself and comes back on but nothing happens.

Theres a litle noise coming from the hard drive like you would clap two glasses together or something like that...

The brandmark of the hard drive is

TOSHIBA MK1016GAP - (PM)

The BIOS recognizes the hard drive in auto but do not let me see more details of it.

What can i do to see if the hard disk is dead or not? What do you think??

I hope you can reply to me with good advice.
Cocas

·
Registered
529 Posts
cocas50 said:

Theres a litle noise coming from the hard drive like you would clap two glasses together or something like that...
About all I can tell you is to bury that hard drive. That noise (and I bet it is LOUD) is called "thrashing" and it signals that this peticular disk is gone. Nothing you can do about it but to buy a new disk to replace it.:no: :dead: :cry:

Does it sound like a really loud "clank-clank.....clank-clank"? If not, then it isn't what I thought it was and you may be able to save it. If it is, it's gone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.