Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, heres whats going on

I bought a new computer not too long ago, and did not buy the OS with it, thought i could use the one i had on my current computer. Yesterday i had a new motherboard installed and its now asking me to activate windows, so i try and follow the on screen instructions and it wont let me. I contact the computer tech who installed the new motherboard and he said it was because i have an illegal OS system on there, wonderful..

I borrowed a friend of mines cd to try reformatting and putting that OS on there, but I can not get my computer to boot from the CD, it just goes straight to login screen even with both my old and borrowed OS cd. I cant even log on without activated so i have no access through there, so im really stuck.

Any help would be wonderful, trying to avoid buying a new OS if possible, thanks alot >.<

V

P

·
0 Posts
we cant provide help about illegal softwares here. It is a violation of forum rules.

·
Premium Member
8,701 Posts
Whenyou purchase a new OS for the new computer just follow the Installation instructions.
No further advice will be given on how to install an OS that has been installed on another computer.
This thread will now be closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.