Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Compaq Presario SR1303WM Desktop running XP home edition and just recently installed a Linksys wireless adapter. I had some headaches with the adapter setup but I've been off and running for a while now and all of the sudden today I started getting a constant error message sound - but no error message along with it. I thought that it may be associated in some way with the adapter considering I had been getting some error messages concerning the adapter upon start up but I never really had any issues. I've tried many different things - changed some of the start up programs, cleaned the registry, ran a virus scan, etc. and nothing has worked thus far and I'm about to pull my hair out.

HELP!!! :4-dontkno

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
go to control panel > admin tools > event viewer > under system and application, do you see anything that happened at that same time you heard those sounds?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but I'm not sure what it means... I clicked on the top one and it says that the program is terminated. Does that mean it's trying to boot and there isn't anything to boot??

Hope this helps... Thanks for the reply!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.