Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am only able to stop it by going into safe mode. My computer just continusly reboots. If I were to restart, and start windows normally, it never really loads, just keeps rebooting. I am running on windows xp, no sp2 installed.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
hi shanr,

one thing to help you with is to provide us your computer specs such as what motherboard, cpu, power supply, videocard etc.etc. do you have?

hmmm....since your system keeps on rebooting and if you have multiple sticks of installed on your computer, try booting up the computer with only one stick a time and see if the problem could be a faulty ram. another thing you can do is to go to a working computer and download "memtest86" from www.majorgeeks.com

put it on a floppy or cd and boot to it. then memtest86 will test your ram for any errors. make sure to let the program go for about a minimum of 10passes and see if memtest86 detects any errors with your ram.

another thing you can do is to swap power supply. do you have a extra power supply to test on your computer at all? if you have a dell computer, then dont test another spare power supply on your computer since dell only makes propiertory power supplies and you will have to get a power supply from dell to test it on your computer.....assuming you have a dell computer.

another thing you can do is to repair the master boot record and see if that fixes the problem. if you have your windows xp cd, bootup with it. remember to first go into the bios and change the first boot device in the bios to cdrom. save settings and exit the bios.

the computer should boot to the cd and on the main console, select repair. then the computer will ask you for an admin password but simply hit enter if you dont have one and it will skip it.

then on C: type in "fixmbr" without the "". it should only take a second and then reboot the computer. then try to boot into windows normally and see if the reboot problem disappears. good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea, ok got the computer to quit rebooting. Well now all I get is a DOS looking screen that says page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. cannot get past this. What do I do.

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
scroll down to your error
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php
if it starts and runs normally in safe mode,go into msconfig and untick the boxes and see if it starts normally
if it does tick the boxes one at a time,rebooting normally until it will not boot again and you have found the problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.