Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres the thing, i just got a computer today, my mate put it together and i have a legit version of windows vista business. I was recently downloading stuff for my computer and everytime i tried to open the instalation file it comes up with "windows needs your permission to continue". i click ok but the screen then sort of fades and then just never loads it? so i tried turning of the user account control, however everytime i do it comes up with the same message, "windows needs your permission to continue". If i try and change my firewall, or do anything with a shield marked next to it, it comes up with the message and the program never opens, forcing me to close it down in task manager. I am the only user on the computer and am an adminstrtor. i didnt set a password when i installed windows, and now i cant even change it. Please help this is frustrating me so much, i cant even find help on goodle. so yeh basically i cant install anything or change any settings. f any can help me at all please..... IM DESPERATE

·
Moderator , - Microsoft Support
7,753 Posts
Hi, as this is a fresh install and your profile is corrupt I would start again. Go to start all programs accessories and right click on command prompt select "run as administrator" at the prompt type :-

Code:
Net user administrator /active:yes Press enter
Reboot and as per the second link joeten posted you will have access to the hidden Admin account.(don't bother setting any password) Open control panel user accounts and delete your existing account. Then create a new account give it admin rights. Reboot to the new account and make sure all is well then repeat the Command pompt this time type:-

Code:
Net user administrator /active:no  Press enter
This will remove access to the hidden admin account. Post back to let us know how you got on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
omg man i love u. thanks so much dude i was getting so pissed of. yeh the tech-forums one was the one that helped me btw. all i needed to do was go to secpol.msc and then the next step and it was letting mke do everything. thanks a lot man.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.