Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running Verizon DSL. My parents are letting me get DSL in my room but I need to pay for all of the necessary things. I'm doing the wiring, etc.

I have a wired router already, now I just need a modem. Are all modems compatible with Verizon's service? Is there anything I need to look for in a modem (compatibility, speed)?

Here is the model I'm looking at, will it work?
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=CS6001-WB&cat=MDM

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The one being used downstairs by the main computer, yes. This is a completely different part of the house, need a different modem.

·
Registered
228 Posts
All you need is the one modem. Hook the router up to it. If you need conection in another part of your house i recomend i wireless router, unless you wanto to run a cable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am running a cable. Already established up there^. I'm not asking for help in choosing what to do, I'm asking for help in what modem to buy or if the modem listed above will work. Please just answer that.

·
Citizen of the world
51,140 Posts
Not only is it a waste, but you can't run two modems on a single DSL service. In order to use a DSL modem, you'd have to have a separate line AND pay for another DSL account! Do you really want to do that?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I didnt think you could have to modems on one DSL service, i wasnt sure and i didnt want to giva a wrong answer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.