Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here is the deal. i just recently went out and purchased the following products,

1 512 ddr400 3200 ram,
1 samsung 80g Hd jumpers set to master,
1 AMB 754 64 bit- 2700+ semperon
1 antec 430 watt Power supply 24 pin
1 Geforce 6600 pcie vid card 256m
1 DFI nf4x motherboard
1 generic case

put all the pieces together as well as a CDrom i had laying around.

After booting it up and it finally detecting my harddrive i get the cdrom working and i put in my win2k pro cd and start it up and i encounter the following problem

pxe-e61 media test failure. check cable
pxe- mof exiting nvidia boot agent
BOOT DISK FAILURE, ENTER SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.

well i tried 2 other CDroms, 2 other ide cables then i took a working hard drive and put it in and got Disk drive error.. any suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i would try that but i have no others and the fact that if i take the CD out and there is nothing in. the same thing happens.

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
Hi Bazzy,

Where on the ribbon cable do you have the master set (ie: middle of the cable or end of the cable)?

If you have the Hard drive set to master on IDE #1, then you must have it on the end of the ribbon cable....and, the CDRom if on the same ribbon cable must be set to slave and be on the middle connector or the ribbon cable.

I would double check that first to make sure the slave drive is not set to cable select (as most come from the factory that way)

Addendum: Boot order should be:

CDRom
Floppy
Hard Drive
and, don't forget to save before you exit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i got rid of the PXE problems by in the boot syncenqunece disabling boot from other devices apperently it was tryig to boot from a network but still get the boot disk error

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.