Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am so new at this so please forgive me I have Looked around here for 2 days now and still can not find help so posted. My Pc has started to act really weird, any folder icon on desktop now just gives me a error on windows explorer and then resets the desktop. the internet then pops up and im back to square 1 I have cc cleaner spybot Avg and adware all run and find nothing. my only problem is I only have dail up at home so I am at afriends with broadband to help me sort this out.Im soory if this is not in the right place :upset:

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Can you tell us "exactly" what this error message says?

Do you get this message when you try to open a file?

And what do you mean when you say the "internet then pops up?"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I try and open any folder on my desktop it says windows explorer has encountered a problem and has to shut down sorry for any inconvinence
In the report to microsoft it says error appname explorer.exe
modver 5.1.2600.1560
appver
offset 000138b2
Mod name kernal 32dll
as soon as I click on a folder that appears and my internet connection box pops up to connect to the internet

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
you can use a friends /family members /co-workers disk to run you sfc , as long it is the same version that you have on your pc

such as :

Xp Home
XP Home sp2 ( if installed

Xp Professional
Xp Professional sp2 ( if installed
just make sure you use the right version for if you don't not all the files will not be repaired and errors may happen / it dosen't matter if it is an OEM (factory build or a store purchased typed disk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.