Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO!
MY NAME IS GEORGE AND I AM A NEW MEMBER OF YOUR ORGANIZATION. I AM SO GLAD I FOUND YOU. I AM FAIRLY NEW AT COMPUTERS AND THEY INIMIDATE ME, QUITE A BIT.
WHENEVER I TRY TO GO BACK TO A PREVIOUS PAGE, THE SCREEN EITHER STATES, TIME HAS EXPIRED, OR, JUST DOESN'T RECOGNIZE ME. I HAVE TO KEEP CLICKING THE BACK, GREEN ARROW, BUTTON, WHICH EITHER WILL MAKE IT WORK, DO NOTHING OR STARTS BLIINKING THE EXPIRED NOTICE, ON AND OFF, FOREVER.
ALSO, WHEN I TRY TO GO TO THE NEXT OBJECTIVE OR ORDER, THE SCREEN WILL DISPLAY "NO PAGE FOUND" AND I HAVE TO TURN THE PC OFF, FROM THE BACK, IN ORDER TO START IT AGAIN.
I GET QUITE P_ _ _ _ (upset) OFF WHEN THIS HAPPENS AND IT DOES 99% OF THE TIME.
If:4-dontkno ANYONE CAN OFFER ANY ADVICE OR HELP FOR MY QUANDARY, I WOULD BE VERY PLEASED AND OBLIGATED.
I AM OLD, FAT, AND BOLD, WITH A SENIOR MEMORY.
THANK YOU FOR SPENDING YOUR PRECIOUS TIME VIEWING THIS LETTER AND EVEN GIVIING IT A SECOND THOUGHT.
THANK YOU AGAIN,
GEORGE

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello dai,
Thank you for yourreply to my problem. I did all that was asked of me, without too much trouble. It took quite a while for the screen of the "C" drive.
You were correct. There is a problem or two. The following is what came up on my screen:
Files are required for windows to run properly must be copied to the DLL Cache. Possible reasons for this problem: You have inserted the wrong
CD . (i.e. a different windows product CD than the version installed.)
The CD-Rpm Drive in your system is not functioning.
I have no idea what a DLL Casche is. Also, the windows xp came already installed with the unit. I don't have a windows CD. However, I did install a upgrade CD-Rom last month. It is a 16 X +/- R/RW made by APpen. i thought it was working fine. I know I can add software usiing it. I have not tried copying on it though. I don'tnow how as yet.
The scree then said: If you cancel, windows wight require you to install a CD later. The only choice i had, was to shut it down.
My pc still does the same thing as it did, before this proceedure.
Do you have any suggestions what I should do? Also. is there a way i can check to see if the CD-Rom is recognized?
Sincerely,
George

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.