Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO!
MY NAME IS GEORGE AND I AM A NEW MEMBER OF YOUR ORGANIZATION. I AM SO GLAD I FOUND YOU. I AM FAIRLY NEW AT COMPUTERS AND THEY INIMIDATE ME, QUITE A BIT.
WHENEVER I TRY TO GO BACK TO A PREVIOUS PAGE, THE SCREEN EITHER STATES, TIME HAS EXPIRED, OR, JUST DOESN'T RECOGNIZE ME. I HAVE TO KEEP CLICKING THE BACK, GREEN ARROW, BUTTON, WHICH EITHER WILL MAKE IT WORK, DO NOTHING OR STARTS BLIINKING THE EXPIRED NOTICE, ON AND OFF, FOREVER.
ALSO, WHEN I TRY TO GO TO THE NEXT OBJECTIVE OR ORDER, THE SCREEN WILL DISPLAY "NO PAGE FOUND" AND I HAVE TO TURN THE PC OFF, FROM THE BACK, IN ORDER TO START IT AGAIN.
I GET QUITE P_ _ _ _ (upset) OFF WHEN THIS HAPPENS AND IT DOES 99% OF THE TIME.
If:4-dontkno ANYONE CAN OFFER ANY ADVICE OR HELP FOR MY QUANDARY, I WOULD BE VERY PLEASED AND OBLIGATED.
I AM OLD, FAT, AND BOLD, WITH A SENIOR MEMORY.
THANK YOU FOR SPENDING YOUR PRECIOUS TIME VIEWING THIS LETTER AND EVEN GIVIING IT A SECOND THOUGHT.
THANK YOU AGAIN,
GEORGE

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
welcome to the forum
please turn your caps off when posting,it is considered to be shouting
some sites like microsoft and internet banking and the like have a set period and the page expires and refresh does not always work
when yo turn the computer off from the back it corrupts the hard drive and you will need to check the hard drive by typing into the run box
chkdsk /r
don't miss the space after the k before the / when typing it in
then reboot the computer
then when that has finished in the run box type
sfc /scannow
and press enter
if it finds anything wrong it will ask you to insert your windows disk so it can effect a repair
when you have done this post back to this thread so we can see how you are going if it fixed or improved or is still the same

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello dai,
Thank you for yourreply to my problem. I did all that was asked of me, without too much trouble. It took quite a while for the screen of the "C" drive.
You were correct. There is a problem or two. The following is what came up on my screen:
Files are required for windows to run properly must be copied to the DLL Cache. Possible reasons for this problem: You have inserted the wrong
CD . (i.e. a different windows product CD than the version installed.)
The CD-Rpm Drive in your system is not functioning.
I have no idea what a DLL Casche is. Also, the windows xp came already installed with the unit. I don't have a windows CD. However, I did install a upgrade CD-Rom last month. It is a 16 X +/- R/RW made by APpen. i thought it was working fine. I know I can add software usiing it. I have not tried copying on it though. I don'tnow how as yet.
The scree then said: If you cancel, windows wight require you to install a CD later. The only choice i had, was to shut it down.
My pc still does the same thing as it did, before this proceedure.
Do you have any suggestions what I should do? Also. is there a way i can check to see if the CD-Rom is recognized?
Sincerely,
George

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
first check the cd drive is showing in the bios and that you installed it correctly with a 80 wire ide cable
http://freepctech.com/pc/001/installing_ide_devices.shtml
if it is seen by the bios check it's listing in the device manager and see if there is a yellow mark alongside of it's entry
double click on it's entry and see what it has to say in the properties box that comes up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.