Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
. . . who's becoming a lot more peripatetic these days as far as forums membership and participation goes.

Many of you will think you've seen my userid before if you've been "around the online forums block" in recent years, and you'd be correct. I'm now looking more to focus on topics that interest me "here and there" than staying grounded in any one place.

I've been in IT, generally, since the mid-1980s, and now have a one-man tech support business that focuses on home and (very) small business users. I also have a deep background in assistive technology, particularly cognitive prosthetics from my time working in the brain injury arena, and blindness and low vision technology, specifically screen readers, which I still do individual tutoring with for individuals trying to get back to using their computer after significant visual change.

I also grow orchids and am a reasonably accomplished DIY mechanic. Community theater is another area of interest that I've just become active in again after a long absence.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,120 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Corday,

Thanks. By the way, I love your signature quote, because it's Oh, so true! Having been in this business for a long time now I know that operator error (not infrequently my own) is at the root of many problems. Those that "panic button push/settings tweak" create houses of cards.

·
Moderator , Windows Tech Team , Hardware Tech T
Operating Systems || Hardware || Most Tech Stuff
3,167 Posts
Greetings Earthling !! Welcome to TSF !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.