Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
many thanx on a stonking forum.........

now here we have a wifeys lappy which is a toshiba satellite 1730
with as the doofry says a iffy power socket.

i would love any imput on taking this to bits found all the typical screws but stopped short of snapping it in half.:dead: dont want any snapped ribbons.

has anybody got or does anybody know where ican get a breakdown diagram please.

this cannot be a hard problem to fix just need to get into the little urchin.

ta in advance muchly.

·
Registered
376 Posts
The Toshiba website should have diagrams, although taking apart the unit will void any warranty that's in effect...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did look on the Toshiba site but couldnt see any diags for d/l or enven just to look at :( and its quiet old now so now warantee left. :( thanx for your reply

·
Registered
376 Posts
If I were in this situation, I'd carefully open it and keep track of everything so that I know where it goes before I close the case up again. I'd see if I were able to see what's going on in there and see if I could tinker with it. Since it's an old laptop, there's not much to lose going at a repair blindly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats where the problems start m8 as i cant get to some of the screws without taking the screen off and i dont want to take the screen off without knowing which side the ribbon runs and ect ect, these toshiba lappys seem to summer from power supply problems via the socket hense the need for a schematic for the breakdown process.

many thanx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.