Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really hope this will help others ---- and I hope to learn from you guys! I installed Vista Ultimate upgrade yesterday on one of my laptops. After the installation completed I could not connect to the internet. I had four other computers in the room connected to the internet ---- it was definitely a conflict ---- and I know just enough about computers to be useless. Anyway, I contacted support and spent 7 hours (yes, seven) to determine that there was a direct conflict with the version of Windows Live OneCare that I had previously loaded, and when that particular firewall was deactivated --- I could connect. Of course, uninstalling OneCare followed that and the two options were to purchase the vista compatible version or go with another security software, which I did. Connected to the internet finally --- and I just wanted that to be out there for anyone who might have that situation. I have since encountered two other particular issues that I need help with --- or ideas or thoughts or anything, really. (1)iTunes --- I am unable to play anything from my computer in itunes after the vista upgrade --- BECAUSE --- itunes tells me that my computer needs to be authorized. I authorize it. itunes acknowledges a "successful authorization" of computer --- and when I attempt to play anything the cycle repeats (unauthorized computer, authorized successfully, etc.). I called support for itunes ---- went through it, they asked for an email detail because they said it was the vista upgrade (i've used itunes forever, am familiar with that program, and have everything backed up) and they would review it. Anyone out there with any thoughts on that? (2) Outlook --- I use outlook (2003) constantly and since the upgrade when I reply to an email i receive the message "macros disabled". I don't know what or how or when or why that message is there. Eventually a reply option appears (after I close the parade of windows regarding the macros being disabled, etc) and I reply to the email. But that is incredibly frustrating and absolutely not acceptable. I'm so frustrated with the upgrade and wish I hadn't done it --- but i would rather move forward than uninstall it. Can anyone help with the macro thing? Many thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.