Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
First off, hello! :wave:
Now on to the problem. My younger sister's laptop (it's a Hewlett Packard one ... about 6 months old) got some nasty evil virus' on it which have been removed by formatting the machine. However, since the nice computer doctor people did that, her screen looks kind of stretched and her computer wont play DVD's. InterActual player says something about screen resolution being a problem. Now she's at uni so I can't phsyically get to her computer to play around with it, but any helpful hints or suggestions that I can pass on would be HUGELY appreciated, so I can get her off my back!!
Thanku!
Sazza_rad

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
go into the properties by right clicking on the desktop and into the monitor and reset the resolution
for the dvd problem
reinstall a software dvd player

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
as per dai's suggestion, at least some dvd software won't run if the screen resolution is wrong or non-standard font sizes are used - dai's solution may fix both issues

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys.
Well sent my sister your advice to fix her screen and apparently it didn't work :mad: So she's still on my case (yeah as if it's my fault!) so if anyone has any other ideas??
I know sometimes if you start in safe mode the screen looks odd and I wonder if the little compute doctor man did something to do with that?? :4-dontkno Could that be a possibility??
Any help greatly appreciated! :heartlove

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.