Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last couple of months I have left the side panel of my computer off so it can get more air flow to it, so it dosent run so hot. Because I kinda noticed that if it is cooler the computer runs a little faster. Is this ok to do? Do any of you leave the side off your computer? Oh and yes every couple of weeks i get some can-o-air and spray the dust out of the computer.

S

·
0 Posts
I think the majority of people leave there covers off especially the tinkerers....:D

Just keep the air can upright to make sure you only spray air and you'll be OK..:winkgrin:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
IMO

The good cases are designed to direct airflow over certian parts of the machine.....disrupt the cooling and you disrupt the intended design of the box.....for the better or worse who knows...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Right now my "Professional Painter" has my computer case, so I have to have the sides, top and bottom off of mine. I also have the upstairs bedroom of an apartment without A/C so my room gets damn hot, and what I noticed was it did run a little faster.... but then again I also added 2 full sized fans that I found in my "Box O' Stuff" Basically I'm all for the sides off as long as you keep bugs, animals and small objects out of the case... and Speedo's right... you don't want to freeze your components.... plus that can gets damn cold :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I dont have A/C in my room either thats why I leave the side off of it. And those cans of air do get cold, i almost had it freeze to my fingers..lol

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
If I'm not mistaken it's two normally highly flammable substances.... Butane and propane.... of course not normal butane and propane... i think it's isobutane and propane... whatever that means... I just use it to freeze bugs that fly in my room and land near my computer...... Nothing like a frozen paper wasp to make you reach for a shoe :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.