Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I think I'm gonna be buying a Samsung HD103SJ from a dealer on Amazon, but the dealer does not accept returns. Will I still be protected by the Samsung warranty? What if it arrives DOA?

Thanks,

-=Stew=-

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
Well, the manufacturer will warranty it. However, if it was me, I would drop that merchant for someone like NewEgg.com who will accept returns without any real questions in most cases.

·
Registered
10,227 Posts
Samsung has a smaller market share in teh US, but the drives are as reliable as any other manufacturer's with the everpresent race to get mor capacity for less money, something has to suffer and it's reliability....

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
They aren't the best if that is what you mean. I always recommend the WD black drives, they are really great. WD and Seagate are both better than the Samsung IMHO.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found a web page detailing Samsung's HDD warranty. Says it will not be covered if it is "purchased from an outside vendor." What exactly does that mean and does it apply to amazon.com purchases?

@Tumbleweed: Yes I think that's what I'll be doing if I can't find a suitable arrangment for this Samsung drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.