Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the HDD Scan virus yesterday. I ran hijackthis and found the random string it as using in a reg key. I then:

1. I had hijack this "fix" it.
2. Looked in startup and found it there. Disabled it.
3. The internet has lots of information about how to delete the registry entries. All of it was wrong. They key was is none of the locations that anyone suggested. However, I ran a search in the registry of the random string and found the key. I deleted it.

When I boot up, the HDD Scan no longer comes up. Fine, but this hasn't entirely fixed the problem. Nothing else loads either. My computer is just the same as before, except the HDD Scan screen doesn't appear. Nothing beyond very basic windows functions run. I was able to run malwarebytes, but it came up with nothing.

I've no idea what to do next. Any help would be appreciated.

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
42,836 Posts
Hello Clodius and welcome.

HijackThis is not enough to battle today's malware. To further assist in the removal of this malware, we require a more comprehensive set of logs.

Please follow the instructions in our sticky topic New Instructions - Read This Before Posting for Malware Removal Help and post the requested logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.