Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I'm having a problem that's been driving me crazy. Vista can't recognize my hard disk, although it's working completely fine. I ignored it so far and I can't be sure if this was a case before, but as my OS started having crashes and acting like mad (It's got a spyware infection of some kind, and could be some virus, too. I have a free version of AVG Antivirus, but intend to upgrade it with new OS), I decided to switch to Windows 7. That's when I noticed this, as Win7 Installation wizard couldn't find a single drive on which to install it. When I said HD is working ok, I mean it, as I can explore and modify data within with no problems. It's just that it isn't visible in Device Manager nor in Disk Management (however, visible in BIOS). I can't format it, as I run Vista on a single partition and therefore it won't let me. Can't create a second partition either. I'm using Acer Aspire notebook.
And maybe it could be useful to say that my OS can't boot directly from Win7 CD, I have to open a setup.exe manually (I checked the boot order in BIOS 5 times, and I'm sure that "boot from CD" is the first option).

Please give any suggestions, I'm running out of ideas! My next step is to try with BIOS update and see if that works.
Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.