Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just recent built my computer, and i decided to get a asus p5ld2.
I installed a sata hdd and everything went well. i than decided to install a second hdd but couldnt decide where to plug it because the other ide plugs were red on the mobo. help me plz! :tongue:

·
Registered
344 Posts
kidam12 said:
Hello,
I just recent built my computer, and i decided to get a asus p5ld2.
I installed a sata hdd and everything went well. i than decided to install a second hdd but couldnt decide where to plug it because the other ide plugs were red on the mobo. help me plz! :tongue:
I don't understand your question?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol is there a way for me to install my second ide hdd. because when i plugged my second hdd into one of the red ide plugs, it didnt show up when i booted windows. it also isnt in the bios

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
just for giggles, I downloaded and sped read the manual for that board...

read yours, and you will find that you apparently need to install some drivers or somesuch to use those IDE inputs...

·
Registered
344 Posts
"I installed a sata hdd and everything went well"

Ok so are you using SATA or IDE HDDs?

If you are using IDE, run the setup CD that came with your motherboard, that will most likely contain the IDE drivers.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol i already read it im a noob so i dont understand it. i went into the cd and installed the ide driver... nothing happeneed. i went and put the install onto a floppy and i couldnt figure out how to work it. i am using the sata hdd to boot windows and im going to use the ide hdd as a storage.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it is on ide mode. can u tell me how to install the software that i had to put on the floppy? im not sure how to install the software to make the red ide plugs work

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.