Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new HD and inserted the IDE and power supply into it. However, when I try to install winxp , it says it won't detect the HD. Even in BIOS the primary IDE master tap says nothing is detected. How can I make my comp detect my new HD . Someone please help. Thanks!

my HDD is a MAxtor DIAMONDMAX VL 40 5400 RPM
not sure if it's PATA OR SATA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Could somebody please help! I am desperate for help here! I've been trying to work around my freaking HD to the point where I want to just hammer my comp to pieces. I am pretty sure I don't have to format the HD using the fdisk cause the guy who helped me with setting up the computer before didn't use it and it works. But now he's gone to other country. Please guys help a newbie here please!

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
First thing we need to know is what is your motherboard model, what port are you connecting the drive to, and do you have it jumpered correctly?
Mtransfer said:
not sure if it's PATA OR SATA
Is the cable that connects to the HDD a 40 pin parallel cable or a small connector cable with about 8 wires in it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
crazijoe said:
First thing we need to know is what is your motherboard model, what port are you connecting the drive to, and do you have it jumpered correctly?
Is the cable that connects to the HDD a 40 pin parallel cable or a small connector cable with about 8 wires in it.
my mother board model is an Asus p4p800 Edeluxe. I am sure I connect the IDE to my HDD and IDE to my motherboard correctly cause my previous hardddisk works perfectly fine. I just connect it the same way I connect my old HDD. I tried with master/slave/cable setting but none of them work.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Which port on the MB are you connecting it to? The P4P800E Deluxe has 3 IDE ports. One of which is part of the Promise RAID controller.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.