Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i m keenly interested in data recovery field. kindly help me regarding this.

i wanna know what r the techniques used in this process?

which software shud i prefer for say Simple recovery like deleted partition, format etc.

how do i take backups efficiently in less time?

plz refer to some sites for this as well?

THANKS

·
Registered
10,227 Posts
We use several different software. X-Ways/Winhex, r-studio, getdataback all work well. Recovery is a constant learning curve, unfortunately there is very little information documented by the manufacturers and they provide no useful information for recovery. Plan to spend lot's of time and trash a lot of drives practicing. A good place to start is www.hddguru.com. Best thing I can say is read everything there you can. Most of these guys are pros and will not hold your hand through the learning curve, but there is a ton of useful information out there to read.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you need to recover data from tape you will need powercontrols by Ontrack

R3Cover Win will recover deleted files and partitions on Windows machines free demo only buy it is it works.

R3Cover Mac does the same on MAC OS/X

A technician upgrade for use on multiple systems and RAID support is also available.

To repair a hard drive with seized motor or faulty heads you will need a clean room for best results. There are some images of a data recovery lab on the DRC Data Recovery Companies Directory

·
Registered
5 Posts
Numerous of Mac hdd recovery software programs are available in the market. YOu can out the free trial version and see how the software works and increase you knowledge. For different different sites just simply do a web serach there you will find numerous. So good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.